New SoundCard Now Internet Doesnt Work!!Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

Hello everyone, yesterday i added a new soundcard because my other one was built in my mobo and only 1 speaker worked. So after i intstalled, i noticed in the bottom right corner it said Network Cable Unplugged :mad: Can the soundcard have anything to do with it? Help please i need interent!Thanks for looking.

probly not

It's highly unlikely that a sound card would interfere with internet access. You probably dislodged something during installation. How do you connect to the internet? If it's dial-up/DSL, you may have loosened the soft-modem card that the phone line connects to. If you have high-speed, be sure your the cable is securely connected to both the modem and the computer. Usually "a network cable is unplugged" means exactly that. :)

What internet do you use? I doubt its dial-up the way you say "network cable unplugged". Anyhow I would make sure that your Network PCI card was not loosten during installation of the sound card. If it has then you want to turn off your computer, unplug the power supply, and reconnect the PCI Network card to the PCI slot. If it is built into the Mobo, check to see if your router or modem is still connected and working properly. If not just unplug the router then the modem and wait 1 minute. After the minute is up, reconnect the router THEN the modem. If it doesn't still work check to make sure the Ethernet cable is still connected firmly into the Ethernet port.

thanks everyone but i figured it out, i pulled out the sound car and so internet worked , so i intalled another older sound card. :slurp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back