New to all of this...Removing SYSTEM ALERT POPUP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me how to remove the System Alert Pop-up form my computer. I went in to my add/remove prompt and noticed that it was on my machine. I don't get any of the alerts that others get, but I want to remove it because it is taking up 121 mgs on my machine. I ran a HiJackThis scan, so if I need to show you that, just let me know.

Thanks in advance for any support that you can give me.

JY10533

Hello and welcome to TechSpot.

Your system is infected with malware.

Malware infections can lead to identity theft, misuse of bank account and credit card information, etc since they can send sensitive information from your computer to their creators. In some cases it is better to reformat your computer than to clean it of the infections. Please read this threadhttps://www.techspot.com/vb/topic65943.html before deciding what course of action to take regarding your infection.

Go and read the Viruses/spyware/malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, ComboFix, and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above. Also post here the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

Regards :)

This thread is for the use of jy10533 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our Security and the Web forum.

"I went in to my add/remove prompt and noticed that it was on my machine."

Don't want to step on any toes here, but if it's on the Add/Remove Programs list, how about uninstalling it from there? That is not to say there might not be other malware, but this seems specific.

Bobbye

Good suggestion, but if I remember correctly, the system alert popup doesn't usually have a remove button. It can usually be deleted, however, by booting into safe mode and deleting any of the following folders in C:\Program Files:

video activex object
video access activex object
image activex object
video ax object

Regards :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back