New to Networking Need Help not Insults

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I'm not a computer ***** but I'm new to network setups. I have successfuly setup my internet through a wireless router. I have one desktop and a laptop connected. What I am asking is help or easy directions to start a network for Full file and printer sharing.

Please forgive such newbie queston...

Um sorry everyone I'll first start looking at posts first... But any links to usefull help might be what I need

Really not hard to do...

Follow the directions for the Router for installing it and getting up to speed for Wireless make sure you have your desktop installed and connect wired. Then turn on the laptop which I guess in your case is wireless right?

Hi

Depends on what you want to do exactly, I run 4 laptops and 2 PC's on my home network, I have a Domain Controller and all the computers logon to the domain, (except one which runs XP home and wont connect to the domain,) there is a printer connected via a jet direct box, and the domain controller serves also as a file server, all the folders are shared with rights and permissions and each user has their own home folder which is mapped to the letter P at each logon.

It took me a while to set it all up and I have 4 years experience with networking, but managing it is quite easy, at the moment I am just in the process of adding another PC as an FTP server, its not going well though..

In your case with 2 PC's as long as you can see each PC on the network then your mostly there, to add a printer just add it to one of the PC's make sure its set to be shared (you will be asked when you install it) and then just follow the guide on the other pc where you will need to install it as a network printer.

This site www.practicallynetworked.com is a good site and is full of info about setting up a home network.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back