New TS Poll: FPS game of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
A new poll is running, this week we ask your opinion about... what do you think will turn up as First Person Shooter game of the year? The two most obvious answers, Half-Life 2 and Doom III, are there but what about Far Cry?
Perhaps with some proper support (add-ons & who knows what else) it could remain as a favourite title despite of the hype surrounding the two big ones. DNF, anyone? Something else in mind? Go vote!

As for our previous polls... here are the results:

Favourite IM client
Messenger
32% - 119 votes
Trillian
26% - 95 votes
AOL IM
16% - 57 votes
Other
10% - 38 votes
Yahoo
7% - 24 votes
Jabber
1% - 2 votes
Total votes: 367

Also in case you didn't notice yesterday we ran a poll, just for the day...

Google's 1GB mail storage?
April Fools joke
74% - 64 votes
True
26% - 23 votes
Total votes: 87

How can we vote for FPS G.O.T.Y. when two of the games listed in the poll aren't even released yet?

Of those listed, then Far Cry would seem to be the current leader, but UT2004 isn't far behind. Personally, I don't think multiplayer games should be listed because they don't have a story (you make your own). If users are going to vote for a game then its the total package that counts, not just the graphics, but I don't see the average voter casting a meaningful vote, so I'll just skip this one.

PS: I'm feeling in a critical mood today so please feel free to ignore my rant :=).

Originally posted by Julio
what do you think will turn up as First Person Shooter game of the year?

The idea of the poll is that based on previews, videos, hype.. etc. you take a guess of your 'favourite' or the game you are looking forward the most.

Haha, I think Hl2 belongs in the greatest game of the year 2006 category :D

all joking aside. I think they're all great games.. but I'm rooting for doom3 myself. I think the environments/lighting will push it ahead for me.

While HL2 will be fun no doubt.. and FarCry is excellent. They dont scare the crap out of me and make me not want to peek around the next corner because of the ambient growling sound.

I'm kind of dissapointed that doom3 for the PC wont have co-op. Its supposidly an x-box only feature.... which sucks. I remember back in the day dialing up to my friend with a 28.8 and playing through doom2 in 28 hours straight.. It would have been nice to do the same and relive the past in a way. Oh well.

Hopefully HL2 will be out this year.. but somehow I seriously doubt it. maybe 2005.. but my money is on spring 2006.

HL2... doom3 will be cool, but Hl2 wont get old. It'll have the back bone support from CS2 also..

Can we have an option in the vote to say "who cares".
Sorry, but this sort of vote just makes speculation worse and gives people the feeling that misguided comments are worth reading.

I like to vote on things, its good to have your say, but what is this worth to anyone. I really do not want to press any of the buttons you have given.

C'mon, lets have some sensible topics :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back