new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

flamethrower_13

Which is the best video card to get. I want a 256 mb with Agp 8x and no more then $400 bucks. Or should i get maybe a really nice 128mb card?

Best one under $400 bucks 6800 GT without a doubt!!! Easy to overclock to ultra speeds and beats x800 pro most if not all of the time due to the x800 pro's 12 pipelines compared to the 6800 GT's 16. :slurp:

alright thanks. but which make would you recommend. because theres all sorts such as gigabyte, eVGA, asus,etc.. which one would you guys recommend?

I have PNY, works fine for me they give a lifetime warranty (not like anyone would use that). But i heard EVGA is good they give a trade back warranty where for a certain time you can trade up your video card for a newer one and pay the difference so you mite want to consider that. ASUS are good as well but they have a watered down version of 6800GT just make sure you watch out for that. Some people say XFX gave them problems some say its great so go with whatever. I havent heard anything about gigabyte so no comment on that :wave:

I have the BFG 6800GT Overclock, it comes from the factory with a small overclock, has a lifetime warranty and tech support 24/7. I am completely happy with this card. Half Life 2, Doom 3, and Farcry, all cranked up and lookin good with no slowdown.

Oh yea i have read good things about BFG too they are very stable and come slightly overclocked as ninja mentioned. Good post ninja :giddy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back