New viedo card

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

hi, my brother was thinking of getting a new viedo card for his pc it has to b agp and i i was thinking maybe a 9600 or a 6200

THANKS

I think the 6200's better, especially if it unlocks to 6600. It's easy to unlock(I did it) once you find the right area in rivatuner(top customize button, then the graphics card looking button,then nvstrap driver, then customize IIRC).

it should work with that computer i posted above, tjhhe only thing that id be worried about is the psu, is that card power hungry, idk what the powersupply is in that computer

im cheacking the psu, it says on pnys wweb sit that it would h have a 300 watt psu or morwe so ill check it now

i

im ording it today so i dont want ot do a rma if it odnt work

ok i looked in the c case and the rating for it is covered and its hard to take off so idk wat i sould do i mean if i t doenst hab\ve a 300watt psu wat do i do, and it says its agp 2-4x complient but i tihkn 4x adnd 8x is backward comadabe

vnf4ultra said:
I think the 6200's better, especially if it unlocks to 6600. It's easy to unlock(I did it) once you find the right area in rivatuner(top customize button, then the graphics card looking button,then nvstrap driver, then customize IIRC).
What he forgot to tell you is that once unlocked, it heats up like butter on the pan. & you can't take for granted that it will properly once unlocked.

Didou said:
What he forgot to tell you is that once unlocked, it heats up like butter on the pan. & you can't take for granted that it will properly once unlocked.

Lol, true I'm having issues with my 6200, but I've read of many others, and it doesn't seem that anyone else is having the issue, and many have theirs unlocked and oc'ed to 6600gt levels for the core, and seem to have no problems. I have no idea what my issue is. It overheats on stock settings as well, maybe it's "fried" and now it won't operate properly(i.e. overheats).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back