New Windows 2000 CD looks funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vegasgmc

I ordered Windows 2000 Pro from someone on Ebay with good ratings. But the CD isnt a hologram CD. It just has black text like the older 98 and 95 cd's looked. There are small holograms at the center of the disk that say Genuine and Secure. The product key also isnt a hologram , its on an orange sticker but my XP Home cd has the same type of key. Microsofts site is useless. I bought this to install on a computer I'll selling but dont want to take the chance of selling a bootleg copy.

Its most likely an OEM version that was sold with a specific computer. The older versions with Service Pack 1 were as you described, at least here in Germany.

side note: one out of every ten Microsoft software sold here in Europe has originated out of Russia. It is nearly impossible to tell the difference between original and copy. They even have the holograms copied down to the last pixel.

If you didn't wanna give someone a bootleg copy why did you purchase on ebay :rolleyes: ????????????
As blackstuff says you dont need to register w2k so you should be fine..

Ive been using Ebay for 5 years and even bought software from there with no problems.
I checked Microsoft and like I said it was useless. They should have a tool for validating key codes. Instead I would have had to file a piracy report to see if this is a legal copy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back