New Windows Updates!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperCheetah

I'm sure this will be posted on the main page later, but I just wanted to give you guys a heads up. There are some new little updates on the Windows Update site.

Q320174: Recommended Update
Download size: 305 KB, < 1 minute
This update addresses several CD Burning issues in Windows XP, and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q320174. Download now to prevent problems with burning CDs.

Q310510: Recommended Update
Download size: 220 KB, < 1 minute
This update resolves the "Playback and Copy-Protection Issues When You Try to Play the Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs DVD Movie" issue in Windows XP and is discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q310510. Download now to be able to play Disney's "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" Platinum Collection DVD.

Microsoft .NET Framework
Download size: 20.8 MB, 5 minutes
The .NET Framework is a new feature of Windows. Applications built using the .NET Framework are more reliable and secure. You need to install the .NET Framework only if you have software that requires it. (there is also a Japanese version, not sure why because my XP is English)

Also a new compatability update is there:

Microsoft has released the latest compatibility update for Windows XP on Windows Update V4. This latest update is a rollup package of the previous application compatibility update and includes loads of new software. For the complete list and additional information hit read more.

This update addresses issues in the following programs (US versions only, unless otherwise noted):

102 Dalmatians Puppies to the Rescue - Disney
Audigy Utilities - Creative Labs
AVIChop - Vasili Papaconstantinou
B-17 Flying Fortress - Microprose
BackWeb Lite Installer - BackWeb
DrEye2001 - Inventec
Emergency Fighters for Life - WizardWorks
FIFA 2002 - EA Sports
Grokster - Grokster, Ltd
Half-Life CounterStrike - Sierra
Hoyle Card Games 5 - Sierra
Humongous Registration Program - Humongous Entertainment
IConfig - SCM Microsystems Inc.
Jamella Diablo II Editor – Jamella (US and Korean versions)
Jekyll and Hyde - DreamCatcher Interactive
KaZaA - Sharman Networks 2002
Midtown Madness - Microsoft
Midtown Madness 2 - Microsoft
Moon Tycoon - Legacy Interactive
MTV TRL Trivia - Take2 Interactive
Need For Speed: Porsche Unleashed - Electronic Arts
NHL 2002 - EA Sports
Official Formula 1 Racing - EIDOS
PhotoDeluxe Business Edition 1.0 - Adobe
The Playa - Project Mayo
PrintMaster 4.0 - MindScape
Sasami 2000 – Nuclei (Korean only)
SimMania for Kids: SimTunes - Maxis
SimMania for Kids: Widget Workshop – Maxis
SimMania for Kids: Sim Park - Maxis
TaxCut Deluxe 2001 - Block Financial Software
Triple Play 2002 - EA Sports
Ventura 8: CorelDraw - Corel
Works 2001: Calendar - Microsoft

Note: This update rolls up and addresses issues included in the previous Windows XP Application Compatibility Updates and is intended to replace them. The list of programs that were addressed in the previous update can be found in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) Article Q313484, "Windows XP Application Compatibility Update - December 17, 2001."

Just trying to keep you straight boeing ;)

I know with your busy life you might miss some of these little things, so I try to point them out. :)

Originally posted by SuperCheetah
Just trying to keep you straight boeing ;)

I know with your busy life you might miss some of these little things, so I try to point them out. :)

Man, I am sure glag someone is looking out for me !! ;)

This is why I dislike Windowsupdate.

Q320174 - Released April 8th, posted on OS Updates April 8th also.

Q310510 - Confusing. The MS Knowledge base article states;
"To download the update, browse to the following Microsoft Windows Update Web site:
Download the "Windows XP Application Compatibility Update" now
Release Date: October 25, 2001 "

So either way that shouldn't be listed. Again XP compatibility updates been in OS Updates for months.

Microsoft .NET Framework. After installing that you'll immediately be asked to install SP1 for it by Windowsupdate when you rescan it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back