newbie questions about this forum

Hi -- I am very new == just came here today when looking for help with ridding my laptop of hacktool....

Anyway, a couple of questions have come to mind..

First, do the requests for help get answered in any certain order? What does it mean when the title of three or so posts is in bold?

What do you do if no one replies and how long should one wait?

I appreciate knowing

Thanks in advance
Redjoy

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

redjoy said:
Hi -- I am very new == just came here today when looking for help with ridding my laptop of hacktool....

Anyway, a couple of questions have come to mind..

First, do the requests for help get answered in any certain order? What does it mean when the title of three or so posts is in bold?

What do you do if no one replies and how long should one wait?

I appreciate knowing

Thanks in advance
Redjoy

No the questions aren`t answered in any particular order.

If no one replies to your question after about 24 to 36 hours or so, just post a reply to your thread and type Bump. This will send your thread to the top of todays posts again, and hopefully someone will reply, if they know the answer to your problem.

When the thead title is bold, you will notice an open envelope at the side. This means there are unread replies/posts I think?

If you read both the links in my signature, you`ll get a better idea of what is required, and how best to ensure you get a reply to your questions.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

When the thead title is bold, you will notice an open envelope at the side. This means there are unread replies/posts I think?

Yes, and you will notice the color of the envelope is different as well.

BTW
:wave:Welcome to TechSpot redjoy:wave:

Nice to meet you

Thank you all for answering me. I had come to find this forum when trying to resolve a trojan virus (not even my own computer) and with reading the various posts, I was able to successfully rid the laptop of the horrible Hacktool virus.

Anyway, as frustrating as that was -- it was worth it to find this forum and so many amazing, knowledge people.

Thanks so much

Hugs
Redjoy

Back