newegg.com BAD BAD BAD

dani_17

Hi,

I only want to tell my experience with this site. If you live outside USA I'd rather recommend you to look another place to buy your stuff....

I made an order with my International Visa, I live in the Dominican Republic.

Simple stuff, a eluminX keyboard, some nice fan grills, a logitech mx700 mouse...and some other stuff totaling almost 300 bucks.

I place it and 2 days later they tell me they don't accept credit cards that are not from the USA... we'll, wheres the fun to have a visa then? anyway, I ask them if i can do a money transfer or something and they answer me my only option is send a Check.

Okay, I send a check via fedex whic costs me 20 additional bucks.

Great. 2 days later I ask if the check arrived. Yes they have it, and they tell me that they are about to clear the check and cash it.

BUT (note this is increbile): THEY ASK ME WHY I SEND THEM A CHECK. They were going to cash the check even if they didn't now what the money was for. I told them that it's for order #xxxxxxx which they told me I had to send the check to pay it as they don't accept foreign visas's...

Okay, no problem. I re-send the order. They still didn't send me the order. That's 10 days since I ordered my stuff.

I thought it was a serious company but this is the last time I order something there. I already ordered in Xoxide.com and Amazon.com and never had problems.

Does anybody outside the USA had problems with other websites? I definately don't want any more of this kind of problems...

Where you guys buy your computer parts?

As soon as they tell you they don't accept visa payments from overseas, then you know you're in for some trouble. I've ordered non-computer stuff from USA before (I live in UK) and I never once had any trouble. It sounds to me like they don't get many orders from overseas, and their staff don't know how to handle these orders. You should complain, and point out that ordering from them has already cost you money (sending check), and that you are not happy with the service. Also, point them towards this webpage, so that they'll get some idea of how bad service will cost them future business. I'm sure many readers here will be put off buying from such a company, unless they sort things out for you, and compensate you for your troubles.

As far as domestic orders go, I have nothing but glowing things to say about them. Their prices are great, their shipments are next-day and items I purchase generally reach my doorstep within 2 days.

It sounds like their International sales need some work though. :)

Yeah i recently built a PC and many of my parts came from newegg. The only complaint i had was that they do not combine shipping but for the deals you get on hardware... i can deal. Im sorry to hear that they are so terrible with international orders and i hope they can fix that because then they can really open up the gates to major business.

The problem with international sales is the cost of getting started and continuing to take international orders. They have to ask themselves do the benefits outweight the costs. Also, some companys just don't want the trouble of dealign with international customers orders. It makes things a bit more complicated especially for a company the size of NewEgg as compared to a smaller company. I think taking international VISA's is probably one issue they have discussed throughly and decided against it for these reasons.

It sucks that they aren't taking them at the moment cause if they did they would probably be well on their way to becoming pretty well recognized, more so than they are now. I think they deserve to be because they honestly do, do a good job and NewEgg is my first choice when it comes to hardware.

acidosmosis, maybe you are right.

But in that case they have to say that they DO NOT accept international orderes. Not say 'send us a check in and we'll see what we can do'.... you do it or you don't do it, but you don't try to do it

"Send us a check in and we'll see what we can do" is definately not a professional approach in the way that it was said or done. If I was the manager I would be having a talk with that employee.

the only problem i had was delivery took a week to deliver... BUT the packages arrived in my city in three days, STUPID FED EX asdfasdf

my experience with newegg.com has been good. i got my whole computer (worth thousands of dollars) from there. i did have problems with my credit card not being accepted, but that was because my credit card company was blocking that order as a precaution since i just started to order online more often. after that was cleared up, i got all my stuff in 2 business days. pretty quick.

man, maybe their international order service is not that great . i live a couple of miles away from newegg.com and i can confirm that they are not really that big (still big, just not "big"). hopefully they can improve in that area.

Just like Rick said. They've been very reliable to me. When choosing 3-4 day shipping, I almost always get it on the 2nd day, choosing 2-3 day shipping and it's basically an overnighter.

I've got nothing but thanks to say to newegg.

Maybe it's just a mistake with me or some new employees they have there that are just too new.... Looking your comments it looks as they are generally serious. This is the first time I have problems ordering online.

Well... once I had a problem. I ordered 2 512mb Kingston DDR Dimms which got 'lost' in the border, while they checked for what I ordered to calculate taxes. In other words, someone kept my memory for himself and I received a nice empty box.

But I got a refund from the shipping company. That kind of stuff happens a lot here in dominican republic... or corruptian republic, depends how you wanna call it :p

Yeah dani, I hate to say it but I live in the US and they are one of the BEST online retailers I've ever dealt with. I order things express saver (3-4 business day) and usually get it in two days - sometimes they even refund the $2.99 rush fee that I pay and I still get my package early :) - I'm sorry you had a bad experience with them and one can only assume it's because the PERSONS you dealt with didn't know how to handle an international order or maybe you spoke to someone who was just plain new. I hope that it was the latter and that maybe one day you'll be willing to give them another try if so.

Yeah I'll give it a try...

but definately not when I need that goodies so bad. I bought a eluminx keyboard and a logitech wireless mx700 mouse because my keyboard has some broken keys, and my optical mouse doesn't work in the desk without something under it...

newegg is very bad for me, they recently (is it recently) moved to new jeresy, that means if i order from them i have to pay tax now.

i usualy get my stuff from the lowest priced retail box on pricewatch

Heheh...

Now they cleared the check and they finally sent my order. It'll get here in 2 or 3 days.

But of course, this couldn't be totally perfect.

I sent a check of 480 bucks. One of the items I ordered where 5 laser cut blade fan grills, $5 each. They made a mistake. They lost the order so they had to re-create it again. Instead of 5 grills, they only put 1. The funny thing is that the bill is US$ 460 instead of 480, cause there are 4 grills missing.

So that leaves me with 20 dolars that they have to give me back, or send me the 4 remaining grills without shipping costs. Let's see how thits get resolved... I'll post here what they are going to do as soon as they write me back.

Originally posted by hunter-killer25
newegg is very bad for me, they recently (is it recently) moved to new jeresy, that means if i order from them i have to pay tax now.
I have to pay tax on all my net purchases. not when I order unless they are in AL, but I have to file it on my state tax return. Its a fairly new state tax law called Consumer Use Tax, where we have to pay Alabama sales tax on all out of state purchases(there are a few exclusions) Its pretty hard for them to prove cash purchases you make out of state, but anything involving a check or CC, you pretty much have to file it, since they can get the record of it.

When I order here to Dominican Republic, anything related to computers doesnt pay border tax. But it has to pay other standard taxes wich are:

12% itbis, live the VAT,
5% exchange comission, that's when I change the pesos to dolars.

But sometimes I pay 10-20% tax. Depends on the person who checks out the merchandise. But that 10-20% is a tax that never gets to the government, it's just the guy there that says 'you pay that tax or your stuff isn't moving from here'... which will disappear if you leave it more than 2-3 days.

That is not cool Storm. I've noticed a few state's have to do that but I never really though much about it. Which states have to do that? I think California is another one. Pretty lame law if you ask me especially when only a few states have to do it and the rest of the U.S. doesn't.

it used to be better when there were not any internet taxes at all. i guess the states want to be greedy and find a way to get more money. too bad they do not spend the money on something useful like health care or education.

The states don't wan't to win more money. they problem is that the states are seeing how internet business was getting around them, so they had to stablish some kind of rules, in this case shown off as taxes. You know how much people buy online??? It's crazy that the states were going to leave it pass by without doing anything

I think the reason Alabama did it is because the state has been in economic turmoil. I won't go into all the problems, but one has to do with manufacturing movin overseas, another has to do with corupt politicians. One in particular who set off the effect was using state funds to finance his church. That was a Governer(he was impeached)

Maybe another way to Pay?

I dunno if you had the option of ordering via PayPal or maybe have had a bad experience with them? I just wanted to know since I haven't seen anyone post this as a possible solution. If someone did and I didn't read it my mistake.

I do believe that PayPal does accept international credit cards and PayPal is an accepted means of payment with NewEgg. Not positive and you might want to check with PayPal to confirm, but that could be a way around this whole issue. But there is a stinking 2.5% surcharge, and PayPal does it's own curency convertion based on how it sees the market and the exchange rate. (Man lucky we live in the USA.)

But like I said please don't take my word for it look it up for yourself to make sure. I may be wrong

But I agree. NewEgg needs to work on their global market procedures. They will be missing the boat if they can't do something like this soon. Other than that NewEgg is top-notch!

Newegg is one of the highest rated resellers on many review sites out there. Granted, most of those reviews are for purchases made from within the United States. ;)

Personally, I haven't had too many problems ordering items from Newegg. A time here or there, we had something get sent to the wrong house (thanks FedEx) and once Newegg decided to cancel my order a few times, but in the end, the item got there and it was in one piece. For United States shoppers, I will continue to recommend Newegg.

NewEgg Horror.

Well, I am not surprised at the lack of ability to complete, accept, or even document your order, conversation, or their instructions to you.

Twice, though I have paid through PayPal, NewEgg did not process my order until I placed it repeatedly through the website.
The motherboard I just received from them was smashed badly enough for the outer box to be opened and the inner box to contain imprints of components through the box and wrap.

While on the phone with their CSR they directed me on how to get a replacement overnight ... 5 attempts later I finally got my order for the replacement through ... but since the CSR had taken 5 attempts to do so, they didn't ship it over until it was too late, now I will not get my board for another two days ... and who knows HOW it will appear then.

I used to love NewEgg, they used to be the standard ... now, my company will not buy from them again!

Have fun with them, (BTW I am in the USA),

~talmont

Post by Dani_17:
Heheh...

Now they cleared the check and they finally sent my order. It'll get here in 2 or 3 days.

But of course, this couldn't be totally perfect.

I sent a check of 480 bucks. One of the items I ordered where 5 laser cut blade fan grills, $5 each. They made a mistake. They lost the order so they had to re-create it again. Instead of 5 grills, they only put 1. The funny thing is that the bill is US$ 460 instead of 480, cause there are 4 grills missing.

So that leaves me with 20 dolars that they have to give me back, or send me the 4 remaining grills without shipping costs. Let's see how thits get resolved... I'll post here what they are going to do as soon as they write me back.
Hey Dani_17,

Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention,

We're certainly sorry to hear that your first experience with Newegg has gotten off to a rough start due to the payment issues you have described. This sounds like a very frustrating experience and we would like to look into this situation further to ensure that it does not happen again (to any of our customers).

As for the order, we would like to resolve this situation ASAP for your convenience. We can have the 4 remaining grills sent out to you at no cost--we'll also expedite the shipping in an attempt to make up for any time lost.

We humbly apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused. For this trouble, we'd like to offer you up to a $20 store credit toward any item on our site. Simply PM us the item# and we'll have the item sent out to you "on us."

Here at Newegg, your complete and total satisfaction is our ultimate goal. This being said, please let us know if there is anything more we may do to turn this situation into a positive, so that we may look forward to keeping you as our satisfied customer.

Feel free to PM us with your Sales Order number (SO#) & we will be glad to look into this situation, and resolve it for you ASAP!

P.S. - Talmont, if you'd like me to look into this situation for you, simply PM your SO# and I'll be glad to assist. :)

Edit: LOL! I just realized that this thread is 3 years old!
Anyhow, Talmont, let us know... :)

Back