Newegg question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThaUnknown

Is Newegg a trusted site? Like is their hardware good and in shape? I want to feel safe giving my gredit info to these people. Just tell me about the site

I have bought stuff from Newegg and Tiger Direct. I stopped using Newegg when I got (3) socket 478 mobos all DOA. No, it wasn't me, I have a Dell 478 working mobo at my house. It has no pci express or agp so I use it for testing. After the three doa's that was it. You have to pay a restocking fee every time you return something to a warehouse. That little mobo trip cost me about $45. I gave up on that 478 processor. It's in my "museum". Then I bought an EVGA 8600 GFX unit from Tiger. When I tried it, it worked but I decided that I would opt for The 8800 GTS 320 MB superclocked GFX unit. I paid no restocking fee, Tiger paid my shipping for the better GFX card, and they don't charge me tax living in Cal. as I do. They were great. I figured out what Newegg was doing with those socket 478 mobos that they kept shipping me. I honestly believe that they didn't care if the mobo worked or not. They got there restocking fee. $45. If you think about it, socket 478 motherboards aren't exactly hot off the presses anymore and it is probably rare to get one shipped to you that hasn't been shipped and returned all ready. Those are my experiences. Other people love Newegg.

I've spent probably close to $5000 at newegg over the years, never had any problems. On one occation I had to return something but that went smoothly.

There is even a Newegg representative on these forums that can work with you to resolve problems, should any arise.

pdyckman@comcas,

if you had posted your troubles with Newegg in their contact forum on this site, the chances are that your troubles dealing with Newegg would have not happened in the first place

Newegg has hundreds of thousands of reviews. Almost every big PC site out there has a link to them somewhere. They are one of, if not THE most trusted and secured sites out there. You have nothing at all to worry about using your credit card with them. If you want to be even MORE secure, get a paypal account and put your credit card info on there. Then you use paypal on newegg and its almost double the security. The only thing with that is then your payments have to clear both Newegg's bank AND Paypal's bank, so it can take next to a day or two longer sometimes to get your order. But for double the security.. its worth it!

pdyckman@comcas, restocking fee? In my experience that's not true. Not if you are returning a DOA item for replacement of the same item within the specified time limit. You will pay a restocking fee if you are returning an item for a refund because you don't want it or you changed your mind but it is in working order.

As Keith22 said, they are THE top online site for PC and related parts. That's not to say that no one can have problems with Newegg but it's not typical.

I have been doing business with newegg for several years now and have never had a problem with them.

I've built several systems from the ground up using NewEgg. They are very friendly, willing to help you if you have a problem with a product (I've had only 1 DOA out of the maybe 40 parts I've bought from them, and they fixed that issue quickly). the Shipping is a teeny tiny on the expensive side, but nothing to really complain about, especially since its really fast (I usually get my stuff in 2-3 days, rather than the usual 3-5 days). If I had to chose a place that is as reliable if not moreso that a physical retail location, it would be NewEgg, with something maybe like Microcenter trailing at the end of the dust cloud.

cheers, MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back