Newegg tech shop sees IPO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Newegg Inc., an online seller of PCs and computer parts, is aiming for an initial public offering in the next year as it embarks on an aggressive global expansion including a build-up in China, its top executive said on Friday.

The company expects sales across its network to grow 40 percent to $1.4 billion this year, with virtually all of that coming from its home U.S. market, Chief Executive Officer Simon Hsieh told Reuters in a phone interview.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8426120/

ahh, when will the outscourcing end? if george bush has his way, it'll end when all american capital has all gone overseas.

These are not outsourcing news, it's about Newegg operating worldwide (currently only ships to the US) and going public, too.

No one should really be surprised that Newegg is going international. I believe that Newegg will do especially well in Canada and the UK.

i suspect they're going to move the majority base of operations to countries like india, like so many other american companies (hp is a good example).

The name of Chief Executive Officer, Simon Hsieh alone should give an indication who probably owns Newegg (someone Chinese comes to mind...).
I have no objections if they will sell cheap(er) to Ireland as well.
Currently R.O.I. stands for "Rip Off Ireland", would love to see it revert back to "Republic Of Ireland" again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back