Newly built computer won`t start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm Building my own computer basicly from scratch, everything i have is new, the power supply, cpu, ram, everything.. my problem is that the computer doesnt still turn on, ive checked every setting to be correct, triple checked the front panel connector(where the power switch is) and the motherboard doesnt need to be configured. whats the problem, i know it could be anything, but if you know something that i havent done please answer, ive invested 600 dollars on it..

other thing is, everytime i try to boot, i can see the cpu fan spinning for 1 sec then it stops

It can be many things. Unplug or remove anything except the power supply, CPU, Video card, Main Hard Drive and one stick of ram and try to boot the computer. Also what OS have you installed?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check for any shortcircuits between the mobo and case. You did use standoffs between the mobo and case didn`t you?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

i have windows xp in it.. well dont i need the panel connectors too right all the LED and the pwer switch, well im new in the hardware world so i might look quite naive

Check to make sure the cpu heatsink is properly attached and that any 4 pin power connector required is connected. What mobo do you have?

You could try taking everything out of the case and building it on a piece of cardboard on a table top. This would eliminate a shortcircuit as a possible cause.

If it still refuses to start, then either you have a connection problem or a hardware problem of some description.

Regards Howard :)

i can hear the fans but..

i doubt anything is booting, ive installed everything in it, the video card is is with the mobo but the screen is still black.. still cant think of anything, thats wrong.. the motherboard is an elitegroup p4s8ag

I`ve just been looking at your mobo manual, see HERE

Your cpu requires it`s own 4 pin power connector from your psu.

It connects to the cpupw1 connector on the edge of the mobo on the lefthand side of the cpu.

Did you connect the above?

Regards Howard :)

new problem again

Im building a computer, Thinking my computer is complete, i booted my computer but to realize that its booting but the screen is still black "VIDEO CABLE CONNECTED" i tried to use 3 different video cards and 2 different screens but still the same problem.. i can hear the fans, and the power light is on which means the CPU must be fine. i cant think of anything to do, if you know what im not doing right, please tell Me

biztizzbigb said:
Im building a computer, Thinking my computer is complete, i booted my computer but to realize that its booting but the screen is still black "VIDEO CABLE CONNECTED" i tried to use 3 different video cards and 2 different screens but still the same problem.. i can hear the fans, and the power light is on which means the CPU must be fine. i cant think of anything to do, if you know what im not doing right, please tell Me
Might be the Power Supply, did you get a quality one or one included with the case?

biztizzbigb said:
Try moving the CMOS jumper to the clear CMOS position for a few minutes and then put it back to the normal position. Consult your board manual as to location and pins
used. I have built three medium grade PCs with Gigabyte boards and had to do this on two of them before they would boot

biztizzbigb said:
other thing is, everytime i try to boot, i can see the cpu fan spinning for 1 sec then it stops

Unplug any cables connected to your board's USB headers (Commonly used for front panel USB and additional rear ports).

Does it turn on now?

09-usb2_header1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back