NIC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hola!

My new AthlonXP1800 with Giga-byte GA-7dx will not boot thanks to my Netgear FA311 card...I called Netgear and they said that the card has issues with the A-XP1800 and GA-7dx (I found out on my own that it was due to the card not being PCI 2.2 compatible) and that I have to get a new card. So now I have to get a new card but have no idea where and from who to get it from...

I am looking into these brands Linksys and 3COM. I am not going to get a Netgear card because their customer service was pretty mean:) If anyone can point me toward a brand and model that does meet the A-XP requirements, that would be great.

Any and all help is appreciated.
-jonathan

realtec 8139 is extremely cheap and works in XP. I'm using it currently in my XP box. Don't even have to use teh supplied drivers-XP does it for you.

I buy Linksys LNE100tx 10/100 network cards for myself and clients. Linksys has award winning technical support so it wont be like those netgear fellas.

Never had a problem with Realtek cheapo cards.
Been running an overclocked fsb system for ages with one of their NICs and I've never seen any problems with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back