Niece adds spyware to my puter

Status
Not open for further replies.

daddystabz

My main computer is at my girlfriend's house currently. I came to her house today to get on the computer to play some games and find out to my dismay that my niece had been on my computer last night and had downloaded a lot of stuff onto it. I was angry to say the least.

She downloaded a weather program from the Weather Channel that I promptly uninstalled. In addition there were 3 other desktop icons she was responsible for.

Find and Fix Errors (target: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;58305363;553147)
Repair Your Registry (target: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;25590174;553147)
Free PC Wallpapers (target: http://www.wowpapers.com/?requestor=wow)

I just ran a spyware scan with Ewido and had it quarantine/delete everything it found.

I can't simply delete these last few remaining things she put on the computer because I am unable to use add/delete programs since it will no tpopulate and just shows nothing for the programs there to remove.

Thanks in advance!

Here is my HJT scan log.

The one thing I can find is SpamBlocker, which is supposedly antispyware, but is actually bad. Please this thread. Then post here what you decide to do.
Cheers

This thread is for the use of daddystabz only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

I still have icons on my desktop for some of the stuff she added to my machine. I was able to remove the Weather Channel software but I still have the ad.doubleclick.net icons of "Find and Fix Errors", Repair Your Registry" and, "Free PC Wallpapers."

Anyone know how I can remove these since add/remove programs doesn't seem to work for me and since they have no uninstall option?

You need to read the link that kitty500cat gave you then let us know how you wish to proceed!

This thread is for the use of daddystabz only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in the Security and the Web forum.

Download Spybot - Search & Destroy, install it, then after installation make sure you update it, and after that click on the Immunize button and press Immunize. Then runs a full scan, and after it finds everything press Fix Problems. That should do it. Also check Program Files or the Windows folder for anything suspicious.

NFSFAN said:
Download Spybot - Search & Destroy, install it, then after installation make sure you update it, and after that click on the Immunize button and press Immunize. Then runs a full scan, and after it finds everything press Fix Problems. That should do it. Also check Program Files or the Windows folder for anything suspicious.
Well, according to this thread which I gave earlier, which is a thread howard_hopkinso had created, if you use your computer for stuff like online banking, you might want to reformat. So maybe he should reformat instead of clean. Please tell us what you want to do, daddystabz, so that we can help you. But yeah, if you do want to clean, follow NFSFAN's instructions. Also, please post here what you decide to do.

Cheers :)

Hey kitty500cat! I was wondering if i could ask you to enable private messaging. I was hoping that perhaps we could compare notes and swap useful information and possibly learn from each other.:)

Your system is infected by a variety of nasties.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of daddystabz only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back