Nintendo owns Playstation

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToRN

According to this news, Nintendo found in an old contract that the PS was supposed to be a cd drive build by Sony for Nintendo. A lawyer discovered it was Sony who broke the contract, not Nintendo as originaly thought. So now Nintendo will file a suit claiming all profits made by Sony with everything related to PS since 1996!

In any case they are sure they will win at least the name, forcing Sony to change the name of their console.

here is the news:

http://s2.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.asp?board=965&topic=5338181

BUT, I don't know how reliable this source is!

If this is true I say Sony would win.....they could probably get a better team of lawyers:p ...not to mention the judge would show a little bit of favoritism toward Sony since I'm sure he probably owns a Sony DVD Player...or PS2 or something:grinthumb ....just thought I'd add something.....

i've read that news a few days ago. i'm still waiting to see more reliable sources report it.
i'll call it a false rumor for now. :p

My bet is its a Rumor - Sony would kick Nindo$hit'z @$$ ne day in court.(<Moderator, just holler if Im going to get arrested for that 'bad' word). Sony owns Nintendo. Now we all know PS2 IS SIMPLY KING but that could be opionion......I guess, to someone whos.....n/m. Sony is a company 1000x bigger than Nin-. And ToRn, It would be "Nintendo owns Sony" or "Gamecube owns Playstation" - Both facts are 100% false. ;)
Go get a life:D

As a sidenote, the Playstation originally was going to be a CDROM-Addon to the Super Famicom(Nintendo) but one of the companies dropped it for some reason.

I've read that Nintendo was worried that the 'playstation' would supercede the cartridge based game system - Super Nintendo.
So the deal was dropped ...

leaving Sony with a nice R&D idea, the rest is history.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back