No Aero in vista ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrupt

Hello, I just installed Vista Ultimate on my laptop, which is a pretty basic system, but is still well within the minimum requirements, but I don't seem to have the option to have Aero, neither do I seem to be able to have the "3D window viewer" thingy that microsoft so actively advertised...

The laptop is an LG LS50a, and vista runs very smoothly.

Korrupt

I did check updated video drivers, installed them, but still no aero, though when I go to the mouse pointer thing, it sais that the scheme is aero... But in themes its set as windows vista basic.... COuld it perhaps be that I havnt activated it yet?

You have to make sure that the proper GPU drivers are installed. For the AERO to work, you *must* have 128MB of GPU memory available, and is DirectX 9 certified.

When I mean proper GPU drivers, I don't mean the ones that Vista supplied. You must go to the manufacturer website and download their WDM-supported versions.

Or you are running an application which is not AERO-friendly. For example, Corel Paint Shop Pro X is not Vista-certified, and whenever I run it, my AERO is turned off for the duration the program is running. It is probably because PSP messes around with ICC monitor profiles, but nonetheless that is what occurs.

If you don't know how to get the driver, here is some tips:

ATI calls them CATALYST drivers (www.ati.com)
nVidia calls them FORCEWARE drivers (www.nvidia.com)
VIA calls them HYPERION drivers (www.viaarena.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back