No Agp port and integrated graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey,

My chipset is an intel 845GL :)/) which has no agp port and has onboard graphics. I do have an available pci slot so my question is, am I still able to get a better pci card to upgrade my video and bypass the integrated card using device manager?

Thanks in advance,

-Vocal

you can turn off the onboard video in your bios, so when you put in a new psi card it's all you'll have. and it's possible to get a pci graphics card that's better than your onboard graphics, but don't expect to be playing farcry or bf2 on there.

would 5700le 128mb work for bf2?

would 5700le 128mb work for bf2 if i had a pci slot only?
i dont care about low settings just dont want a slideshow.

1g ram w/ 3.0g processor

becareful with the LE version of that card, i believe it has a 64 bit memory interface. (which is not good at all)

ahh, the 5x00 cards are all really obsolete. for a few bucks more you could gat a 6600gt.

He has no agp or pci-e... And a few bucks? Maybe like 60..

If you want to play BF2 it wasn't the smartest thing to do to buy a pre-built computer.

I had an fx5200 that I played bf2 with at the lowest settings possible..
So it wont look too great but it will be playable.

Bf2 is a REALLY dammanding game, you wil get lag with almost any geforce 5xxx cards with the expetion of the 59xx

its better IMO to save up and build yourself a pc that will be good for a feew years

yeah, i know that it wasnt very smart but ive learned my lesson, ill start saving but i just want to play sooo bad, so yall think the 5500 would be better, huh?

I'm trying to avoid Vocal's problem by building my own 'puter. Am I correct in assuming that an AGP slot is the best choice for a video card?

charvey said:
I'm trying to avoid Vocal's problem by building my own 'puter. Am I correct in assuming that an AGP slot is the best choice for a video card?
yes, get eather an agp or new pci-express 16x slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back