"No Audio Device" - PLEASE HELP ME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know little to nothing about computers. I have come here to request help from those of you that DO know a thing, or many things, about them.
My problem is this:
When I turn my computer on, I get a message that says, "Found New Hardware Wizard" and it is supposed to guide me to install the drivers for this hardware. I don't have a Software CD that could have come with my computer (a Gateway PC, maybe a 2005? model). I recently deleted a few unused applications on my computer, and I fear I may have uninstalled (on accident, of course!) the drivers' software for my Multimedia Audio Controller.
I don't know how to find out which version it is, nor do I know how to reinstall it and get my sound working again! To specify, there are no system sounds, iTunes doesn't work, Windows Media Player doesn't work, no game sound, just simply NO SOUND.
If anyone can help me, please do! I've searched all over online for a few days now and NOTHING has helped me. CAN YOU? PLEASE AND THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Go to Start > Run box and type in dxdiag and click "OK." When the diagnosis is complete, click on the Sound tab.

You need to go the PC manufacturer's website to locate the driver for your sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back