No audio device!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

I have a problem with my audio but only on quicktime applications. Windows media player works fine, but most flash sites will not work. Youtube is another one that will not work at all, the video will play but no sound. Watching videos on MSN works fine. I have tried other forums that had some advice but I cannot find anything that works. The sound stopped working approx 2 months ago, and I dont remember doing anything that would have caused this.
Under control panel/sounds and audio devices....it says I have "no audio device"

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Under system information there are 2 devices listed- 1 is "riptide audio device" the other is "unimodem half-duplex audio device." They both show the status as ok. I am not sure which one I would need to update. Is this something I can just get online? Do I need to uninstall the old driver before updating?
Thank you for the help

heres a thought

I have a 5.1 sound card as my default audio device but once, I plugged in my usb headset, music would be played by WMP11 but the youtube videos were being played by my headset, close any programs that use an audio device and make sure under audio properties that you only use the device the speakers are hooked up to.

Seems like a codec issue,

Try dling and installing K Lite Codec pack,

and then stick to one media player,,

gl,

You say stick to one media player, how do I do that? I thought certain websites could only play on certain media players. Is there a way to play all media on one player? Example: youtube does not play at all, is there a way to play this using windows media player?

thank you

ejhelton35 said:
You say stick to one media player, how do I do that? I thought certain websites could only play on certain media players. Is there a way to play all media on one player? Example: youtube does not play at all, is there a way to play this using windows media player?

thank you

Make sure you download and install Adobe Flash
Quicktime
Windows Media Player 11
Java

(Realplayer) Yuck!

If you go into Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs, you will see "Set Program Access and Defaults". From here you can choose what programs you use. There are websites that have their own players. To view the content, you have to install thier plug-ins. Doing this is not difficult

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back