No Audio only Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcguy20

Hi I just install Radeon HD 2600 Pro For Windows Vista it has new Direct X 10. When I load up the video for first time nothing is wrong with it just the Audio. I can't here nothing I have Soundblaster X-FI with Front headphones connector and MIDI two ports also for other stuff. But I can't get any sound after I install Radeon HD. :( Do I really need to do something to able to work? I try load up BIOS on board audio is disable. The hardware seams to be working the Sound Meter next to the PC Clock seams getting sound single just fine but no sound threw headphones etc. Can you people help me out thanks! So I can enjoy my HD Card allot better then on Mute. Or do I have to get a soundcard upgrade to HD which I can do tomorrow on my day off. Its hard to keep up to date with new Tech Stuff. Then something else comes out better next year.

If you do not have your sound on 'mute'...then go to 'sounds and audio devices' in 'control panel'. It should give you the information regarding your sound 'system'. It should name whichever program is pushing your sounds. If it's 'greyed out' with no sound device listed then you need to reinstall a sound device. Do you know how to get into 'device manager'? You also need to check the 'component tree' in that section. Check your basic speaker hookup. Your mobo has built in sound: try it and bypass your sound card. Use the 'Help and Support' section in the 'start menu' to help get you into 'device manager' and trouble shoot sound and other problems.

Oh I see what was the issue was about. I went back to Device Manager I saw it was trying tell me to install Audio HD Driver with a Yellow ! so what I did I right click and click driver install so after I did that. The sound came back I don't understand but I am happy I got the sound working in my current games now! :) Thanks for helping out guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back