No beep / no video / DOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverwingz

hello, with my old board i kept getting a beep signal that said that there was a problem with the pci express slot itself, so then i bought this new Foxconn winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS mobo and installed it. the issue now is that when i have everything hooked up, now i get no beep signal from the mobo and no video signal from my monitor, but everything else is running. I know it cant be the power supply because i got it new 2 months ago and I can hear the hard drives, fans, ect, running. so im a little confused.

one this I was thinkin about was that the case didnt come with a speaker so i had to get the little buzzer speaker off my old mobo, and im not sure where to plug it in.. like on the old one there was a slot called "buz spk 1" and on the new one theres only a "speaker 4" so i figured that would be it, but to no avail, i still get no beep. so now im thinking either i have it plugged in wrong or its DOA.

if you were curious here are a few of my specs:

mobo: 939-pin Foxconn winfast NF4UK8AA-8EKRS
cpu: 939pin amd athlon 64
video: Nvidia Gefore 7900GS
power supply: Apevia Beast Power 680w
HDD: WD Raptor 10,000rpm
HDD2: seagate 7500rpm

so im not sure if theres a way to fix it or do i need to send it back, speedy responses would be helpful i dont have much time before it has to go back if thats the case. Thx guys

Just because you got your psu 2 months ago doesn't mean it's not bad. Test it with a PSU tester and a multimeter. If you bought cheap, then you're guaranteed issues.

lol it wasnt cheap =P but the motherboard was, so im getting an rma on it now and i think im just gonna drop like $250 and get an am2 cpu and motherboard then upgrade my ram. 939pin is going out of style lol

The PSU has a number of Voltage Rails - the HDD etc could still be getting juice, but none to CPU or something.

Before you go blowing money elsewhere, beg borrow or buy another PSU because that is what it sounds like, especially if it's doing the same thing with another Motherboard.

well its not exactly doing the same thing, with the last mobo it gave me a beep signal indicating that there was a problem with Pci Xpress slot (thing it was like 2 short beeps and 1 long or vice versa) but with the new board i get no beep signal, and no video signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back