No connectivity issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Can anyone please help, I have a problem on my son's computer. we have lost access to the internet I just keep getting a message stating "limited or no connectivity" I have tried resetting the network wizard in Windows XP but to no avail, I have tried the repair connection facility but that says " unable to set IP address" We connect through a D link wireless router. my computer down stairs connects fine.
I don't know if this is connected to the problem but when I boot up the computer I get a message stating that Rundll C:\PROGRAM~1\NEWDOT~\NEWDOT~1.DLL is missing or cannot be loaded has that caused the problem?
Thanks in anticipation.

gentoo

You have spyware

NEWDOT is spyware that hijacks your web browser and host file. You need to remove it. First you need to remove this key from the registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\new.net startup
After you have deleted this key you need to reboot your system. Then run msconfig and go to startup and stop these process
(may or may not exist):
ndnuninstall4_50.exe
ndnuninstall5_20.exe
ndnuninstall5_40.exe
ndnuninstall5_48.exe
uninstall3_88.exe
uninstall4_50.exe
uninstall4_80.exe
uninstall5_48.exe
uninstall5_20.exe
wcmdmgr.exe
Then you will need to do a file search for newdot(here is an example list)
newdot~1.dll
newdot~2.dll
newdotnet3_36.dll
newdotnet3_70.dll
newdotnet3_88.dll
newdotnet4_50.dll
newdotnet4_85.dll
newdotnet4_88.dll
newdotnet5_20.dll
newdotnet5_48.dll
newdotnet6_22.dll
newdotnet6_30.dll
newdotnet6_38.dll
You will have to unregister each of then and then delete them. If you don't know how go to this site http://articles.networktechs.com/111-p1.php
Then remove the folder %program_files%\newdotnet
And to finish it up run a regcleaner if you don't have one here is a link to one
http://majorgeeks.com/download458.html
Hope this helps.

nickc

watch this program as it will stop programs that u may want to start when u boot, I am still working on that and have not solved it yet. But it will definately get rid of things that donot need to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.