No Detection Of Printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received a lexmark 5200 series all in one printer. For some wild reason, my pc won't detect it. How can this be?? It's usb connected but my printer port still looks like the long one with the holes in it. what am i to do here? :confused:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I`m not sure I understand what it is you`re saying.

As far as I`m aware, your Lexmark printer should be connected to your computer via a usb cable.

First switch on the power to the printer, but don`t plug it into a usb port on your computer yet.

Insert the installation cd that came with your printer, and install the drivers first.

During the driver installation, you may be prompted to connect your printer. If not just let the driver installation complete.

Now you should be able to connect your printer to your computer.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

ganz said:
It's usb connected but my printer port still looks like the long one with the holes in it :confused:
lol.. the "long port with the holes in it" is called a parallel port

most printers have both USB and parallel connections, you can use either one

if you are using a parallel connection, then you must install the printer drivers before your system will see it, use the "add printer" wizard to set it up it it doesn't see it after installing the drivers.

if you are using a USB connection, when you plug in the printer, the "found new hardware" wizard will guide you through the installation (windows may even install it for you with it's own generic drivers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back