No Display, 2 post beeps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabrone

I came home today to find my computer frozen, dont know why, but i restarted the comp. When i booted it up nothing showed on the screen, it was blank, and there were 2 post beeps. I checked to see if it was the agp slot that was broken by puttin a different card in, but it wasnt, the card worked. So i put my original card back in Geforce 2 MX400 AGP, and it didnt work, i fooled around with it for 30 minutes or so, and nothing seems to be working, did i ruin this card? i sure hope not

you didn't ruin the card.

components die. its happens..... you are lucky it was not your CPU or mobo....

I am actually happy for you it was not your mobo.....

remove it like a cancerous cell and replace it!

Cabrone is over at my house so i'm posting for both of us.

He put a video card in there from his brother's computer and the video worked. Maybe the card really is broken? :confused: He hasn't tried putting that card in another computer so we'll try that later. Thanks!

i did reseat the memory tonight, that didnt work. Like phat said the card that was in my bros computer did work on mine, so i think this card is shot. I guess its a good reason to upgrade? i did purchase a geforce 4 mx 400 for 89 dollars with 10 games off ebay, brand new. But i would like to get this card in working condition so i have a comp to use while i wait.

so its not the memory, any other ideas? or is it just shot, i find it hard to believe it is shot, i guess ill take it to phats house to try it out...

oh yeah i was looking over the beep code list a second ago and my beep sequence is like this :
1 long & 2 short Video error Check the video card.

so it is the video problem, what do i check i made sure its plugged in snugly, and also tried half way, 3/4 in, and all sorts of combos.

Well usually there's not much you can do but get another gfx card. I don't think changing AGP voltages & speeds would help but of course feel free to try (change when working card is plugged in).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back