Hello,
First off, here are the specs.

Toshiba A215-S4817
2Gig memory
ATI Radeon X1200 graphics card
160GB HDD
15.4" LCD monitor
Windows Vista Ultimate

Heres the problem. I recently received "a very nice blue screen" after trying to play Spider-Man 1. After restarting, no display at all. I hooked up the laptop to an external device (widescreen tv). The dislay shows up perfectly on the tv, on the laptop screen nothing(by the way I tried the flashlight trick) its definitely not the backlights fault. I looked in the display settings, it shows only the tv is connected. No signs of the laptop display on there. The computer works perfectly as though nothing happened. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling the video drivers too, to no avail. I checked also to see if the laptop screen was connected securely, it was.

When restarting the computer,there was no "windows has recovered from an error" message. I also checked in the Problems&Solutions part, couldn't find anything related to this problem, as the latest problem on there was a week ago. All that happened was a blue screen (an unusual one at that) saying something about "check video BIOS settings" and Windows has stopped to prevent from an error (this time without any code.

What should I do (before going to a local repair center) ? I am a pretty good expert on tech stuff anyway.

covenant070 said:
Hello,
First off, here are the specs.

Toshiba A215-S4817
2Gig memory
ATI Radeon X1200 graphics card
160GB HDD
15.4" LCD monitor
Windows Vista Ultimate

Heres the problem. I recently received "a very nice blue screen" after trying to play Spider-Man 1. After restarting, no display at all. I hooked up the laptop to an external device (widescreen tv). The dislay shows up perfectly on the tv, on the laptop screen nothing(by the way I tried the flashlight trick) its definitely not the backlights fault. I looked in the display settings, it shows only the tv is connected. No signs of the laptop display on there. The computer works perfectly as though nothing happened. I tried reinstalling and uninstalling the video drivers too, to no avail. I checked also to see if the laptop screen was connected securely, it was.

When restarting the computer,there was no "windows has recovered from an error" message. I also checked in the Problems&Solutions part, couldn't find anything related to this problem, as the latest problem on there was a week ago. All that happened was a blue screen (an unusual one at that) saying something about "check video BIOS settings" and Windows has stopped to prevent from an error (this time without any code.

What should I do (before going to a local repair center) ? I am a pretty good expert on tech stuff anyway.

Solution from Toshiba Support:

STEP1: shut down laptop.
STEP2: unplug charger if plugged in.
STEP3:remove battery. (use switches labeled 1 and 2)
STEP4: Hook up acadapter (charger)
STEP5:turn on computer with no battery, only using ac adapter.
STEP6:Go to control panel
STEP:7 On left click classic view
STEP8: Click POWER OPTIONS
STEP9: Under BALANCED click on CHANGE PLAN SETTINGS
STEP10: click CHANGE ADVANCED POWER SETTINGS
STEP 11: Scroll down and double click PROCESSOR POWER MANAGEMENT
STEP12: Under MINIMUM PROCESSOR STATE change both the on battery and plugged in percentages from 5% to 100%.
STEP13: click APPLY the OK
STEP14 shut down
STEP15:unplug ac adapter and put in battery.
STEP16: Plug in ac adapter
STEP17:REBOOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back