no Fat32 or ntfs tables?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moimit

hey guys. i will explain what i did, i was playing around with a linux install and i removed my tables of allocation by accident, i believe i didnt write anything to the drives. i have two 200g seagates on raid 0(sata) one 20g fat32 partition i think and one 350g ntfs partition. now the thing is i have tried to undelete them using partition magic 7 and also used ontrack file recovery progs. when using Pm7 i get an error when trying to undelete it(a read memory access error i think). and with ontrack it just quits out when scanning for drives. i dont know what to do it is a silicon 3112 chipset on a ga-7n400pro2. there are a lot of files on those partitions and i am stuck for answers anyone know how to do it?. thanks for any input.

You can try using Runtime Software's GetDataBack for NTFS v2.31 (there is a FAT version also). It wll recover your files if they still exist. There is also RAID Reconstructor, which might be required (not sure if you need that though as your RAID set is not broken). You can find free trial versions over here ...

http://www.runtime.org/

ok i have my info back but i still have no boot. i can boot into my pata raid but haven't had time to check it yet i will do that when i get home. if it works i will format my c:\ drive and reinstall with ntfs and i will back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back