No Image on Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I currently upgraded everything from my old computer.

Old specs:

Motherboard: P4S800
Stock cpu fan
PSU: 450
Graphics Card: GeForce FX 5500
1GB RAM
120 GB Western Digital HDD (Master)
250 Seagate HDD

Currently:
Intel Core 2 Extreme 6800
P5W DH Deluxe
2 1GB Corsair RAM
Vigor Gaming Monsoon CPU fan
NVidia 7900 GS card
Audigy 4 sound card
(Currently still have the old HDDs)
1 SATA Wester Digital 250 HDD

I should also note that I do not have an official computer monitor. Rather, I have a tv that has a VGA outlet. The 7900GS card came with a VGA adapter, which is what I am using right now.

Here's my problem: As soon as I turn on my computer, everything powers up. Since it's a new set up, I have to go into BIOS and configure everything, BUT nothing shows up on the screen while the computer is booting up. Only once have I seen something on the screen. I got to the BIOS screen, but then the image on the screen went away and I got a "No Signal" message. Now, I can't see anything at all, so I'm not sure what my issue is. I even tried one of my old CRT monitors, but I still get no image from the computer. Could it be that I got a bad graphics card?? What do you guys think??

Are you still using the Gforce FX 5500? Try resetting the bios to failsafe defaults and see if you can "see" the boot screen. If not, make sure AGP is set as the first display device

No. I'm not using the old graphics card anymore. I didn't want to stick with AGP cards, which is why I got the 7900GS PCI-E card. I'll give my computer another boot up and see what happens today, that's if I see anything at all. If anyone else has any suggestions, please post. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back