No Input Signal on my monitor after jsut building my computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just put together my 1st comp with one of my friends who has built several. After connecting my finished computer to my monitor, and turning the power on, my monitor just reads no signal! i have tried using two different monitors, and i have tried using the onboard video as well as my video card. can anyone help me fix this?

What happens when you power on? Does the system start up? Does it make any sounds at all? Do you hear the CPU fan going?

Any of that info would really help the people here solve your problem :)

Depending on how recent your system is, you may have a P4 power connector on your motherboard, or an 8 pin version of it (no idea what the 8 pin version is called, maybe one of the gurus can help you here). Most motherboards won't post if this isn't plugged in. Sometimes you'll even have a situation where your power supply only has a P4 connector, but your motherboard needs the 8 pin version. If this is the case for you, read you motherboard manual and it'll tell you if you need to plug the P4 into the 8 pin socket, or if you need to buy an adapter. Luckily for me, my friend's machine was able to support a P4 in the 8 pin slot.

EDIT: OH! And make 100% sure you aren't plugging the main ATX 4 pin into the P4 connector. That will mess you up good I think! The main ATX 4 pin should be connected with the main 20 pin, so you shouldn't have this problem, but just make sure!

Hopefully that wasn't hard to understand. I'm just a beginner here myself. Hopefully this info is useful to you in some way. I know how stressful it is when you get a new machine that won't POST!

Thanks for the help man im about to try changing the power connections liek u suggested. When i turn the computer on, all fans begin to run as well as the led lighs turn on. My motherboard has the 20+4 pin power connector if that helps..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back