No Input Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, so here is the problem, my computer worked fine for the past 5 months thought i recently moved and left the computer in my new home unused for about 2 wks. Though now when i connect the computer completly i get "no input signal" on the monitor. The computer works fine when I check it inside and such, and the monitor works fine. Perhaps on the long drive moving it, the hard drive got bumped too much and messed up? That is the main thing im wondering may be wrong, though shouldnt i have received a hard drive error instead of nothing at all.... Any help would be great!, thanks.

Dual core processor 3.2ghz
evga geforce gx5950
2gb ocz 1kmhz
10krpm 240gb hd
700watt psu

Oh and on the move my power cables got moved around, could it be that the power cord im using isnt compatible enough to allow enough power?? i doubt, but maybe?

Make sure that the CPU heatsink and fan hasn't come loose and check all the internal power supply connections. Check to see that the video card is seated fully and make sure you are not connecting the monitor to the on-board video connector instead of the video card connector... Don't laugh, I have seen some people do this!

If your getting orange no signal then the video card isnt able to output video,

Make sure card is seated properly, Also connect molex power, chk connections and try again, gl,

Also, check to make sure the RAM is seated properly. Don't go by just a visual inspection but press on it to be sure. I recently moved one of my PCs around and opened it up several times installing some parts and in the process the RAM worked loose a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back