No Keyboard + No Mouse = ARRGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I installed Linux Redhat 9 on my old PC. I followed all of the instructions and it installed without any error messages. For the next couple of hours it worked very well (though some of the games were sluggish and glitchy). Then, my keyboard lit the num lock, caps lock and scroll lock indicator lights and I had no response from my keyboard at all. I still had a mouse so I restarted the computer from the desktop screen. When it rebooted, it initialized a USB mouse and a USB keyboard so when it came to the login screen, I had nothing (I use a PS/2 keyboard and mouse). After more boots (hard, soft and almost a size 13) I still have no way to communicate with my PC. Somebody, please help!!!

Give it a bigger boot maybe. Thats really strange. Try using the keyboard only, mouse only, none, different mouse/keyboard, ect. Are you using a emulator like cedega for games or are they native games?

Can you use the keyboard/mouse before Linux boots? E.g. enter the BIOS setup or do stuff in the LILO/GRUB screen?

Can you use they kayboard/mouse before the graphical system comes up? E.g. boot Linux into text mode or try to interrupt the Linux boot process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back