No Man's Sky's Visions trailer leaks ahead of tomorrow's surprise launch

Shawn Knight

Staff member
Why it matters: No Man's Sky stumbled hard out of the gate as Hello Games over promised and under delivered. Remarkably enough, the studio has managed to redeem itself in the more than two years that have passed, building No Man's Sky into the game it should have been in the first place.

It’s been just over three weeks since Hello Games launched The Abyss, a major update that added underwater elements to No Man’s Sky. Imagine the surprise, then, when gamers uncovered an unlisted trailer on the developer’s YouTube channel for Update 1.75, Visions.

Discovery of the trailer was first shared yesterday on Reddit. Given the recent arrival of The Abyss, some speculated this may not be ready until next month at the earliest but fortunately, gamers won’t have to wait very long to get their hands on it.

Perhaps expedited by the trailer’s leak, Hello Games has since officially introduced the Visions update which promises new planetary biomes, more colorful worlds, new fauna and flora, new creatures, new types of water, archaeology, salvaging and much more. Heck, there are even rainbows.

Based on what’s shown in the trailer and the screenshots on Hello Games’ website, the update really ratchets up the aesthetics in No Man’s Sky.

Look for Visions to drop on November 22 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. The full changelog can be viewed on the Visions landing page.

Permalink to story.

This is very cool to read. Hmm. I don't have much time for games, but if the game turns out as promised I may consider a purchase on a game I never would have bought. It would be great if they deliver more (10%?) than they promised before asking for any more money. By the time the wound is fully healed, will the game be outdated though? I don't mind playing older games if the content/experience is there. If this is an on-line only game with other player involvement (or requirement), then I may not justify a purchase. I hate games that *require* me to interact with people to play (I.e. servers shut off and the game I bought is gone).

I mean, it looks cool. But it's still a case of "too little, too late" for me.

It's no longer at the bottom of my list, but that doesn't mean much for a gamer who has precious time to play games.

Imagine the critical acclaim if the game actually looked like this at launch, instead of some cheap chinese knockoff of minecraft with spaceships.

Back