No More Sound :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

sGReseT

I have a P5P ASUS Motherboard or something I don't know what it is but its a custom built computer. Well, recently I by accidently deleted my sound and I don't know where to go to download.. Please Help!

Im sorry but im not good with computers at all is there anyway someone can get on aim / MSN and help me step by step plz

if this is the on board sound just put the CD that came with the MB in the cd drive and install the Drivers from there, if it is an add on sound card it should have come with a CD with the drivers on it. at any extent all u should have to do is reinstall the drivers for the sound.

Without knowing if it's an onboard sound card or a sound card that was installed in a PCI slot it'll be tough to help you out. All we can do is suggest what everyone has already been suggesting.

To help you gather information about your computer, perhaps you can try this free utility:

EVEREST Home Edition

Or you can try by going to your Device Manager*:

- Click on Start
- Right Click on My Computer
- Click on Manage
- Click on Device Manager

*** EXTRA STEPS THAT MAY HELP DETERMINE REQUIRED DRIVERS ***

- Expand the Sound, video and game controllers section
- Gather all listed items and post them

* Please note that this may not even help you. But it's all part of the troubleshooting.

Go here:

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

Enter (click option) motherboard, 478, P4P-800

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).

ps: ALL your drivers are there - you should make Desktop folders for each (chipset drivers, sound, video, Lan etc) and download them then copy to a cd and put it away for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back