No one replys....

AtroTristis

I have had this problum with Doom 3... no one seems to be nice enough to even look at it...... I guess I will figure it out on my own....

You need to be patient.

Oh, I see someone has replied to your thread after only an hour and 15 minutes and it`s had seventeen views so far. I don`t call that bad going, do you?

Members reply on a voluntary basis. Obviously, they have to be online and have suggestions before they will reply. If they don`t have any idea of what`s wrong, they won`t reply, simple as that.

If you`re looking for instant help, I suggest you go and pay for it at your local pc shop, or as you say, go and figure it out on your own.

Regards Howard :)

Taken from a great article about Linux != Windows, but its applicable here.
The biggest cause of friction tends to be in the online interactions: A "3a" user new to Linux asks for help with a problem he's having. When he doesn't get that help at what he considers an acceptable rate, he starts complaining and demanding more help. Because that's what he's used to doing with paid-for tech support. The problem is that this isn't paid-for support. This is a bunch of volunteers who are willing to help people with problems out of the goodness of their hearts. The new user has no right to demand anything from them, any more than somebody collecting for charity can demand larger donations from contributors.

Be patient, people will help if they can. Nobody said "oh, I see AtroTristis posted, I'm not going to answer him".

SNGX1275 said:
Taken from a great article about Linux != Windows, but its applicable here.

Be patient, people will help if they can. Nobody said "oh, I see AtroTristis posted, I'm not going to answer him".

heh... I know.... I was just verry fustrated at that moment... I was messing with my computer all day when I got it..... and it still did not work.... so ya....sorry

Back