No option to Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

Hey there,

First off, my specs are in my sig

Right my system is sorta bottlenecked by my CPU, i plan on getting a new one (amd 4000+) in august, but i wanna get a bit more out my system until then. So im wanting to overclock the one i got, but i seem to be having a hell of a time doing it. Now i know a wee bit about overclocking. I know that the FSB , multiplier, voltage etc are the targets in the BIOS. And i read up that the HTT defines the clock speed as well on AMD64 rigs (still researching bout that though :rolleyes: )

But to get to the point, i have no settings in my BIOS for overclocking. I know what i'm after and it isnt there. Also in the manual, on the first page it says a bit about the Versions it on, an says next to it what it includes.
Check this

------------------------------------------------------------------
V1.6 Removing overclocking function
Adding ATI RAID and Surroundview
------------------------------------------------------------------

....pricks
i am now on version 3.90 , which is a new one not long realeased ( and it has fixed a few problems for me) but they havnt added the overclocking function in. And there are no jumpers to alter the clock either

The closest thing i saw to overclocking was the memory control, which only gave me this

Dram Configuration

Timing Mode [Auto]
Memclock index value(MHZ) 200mhz
CAS Latency (Tel) 2.5

The bottom 2 were grayed out until you select Manual. But i wont go into detail here if it means nothing. There was also options to alter Gfx clock from Async and Sync an a few more options there but since thats not relevent i wont go into that.

So does anyone know any good Windows Overclocking tools i could use? I looked for ages but the ones i got either just didnt work, or werent up to date enough for AMD64 processors (one even said i had a socket 754 :haha: ) Or if i'm going in the wrong direction please tell me :)

Cheers guys

I take it that msi's fuzzy logic wont work?

Also, are you using a stock processor cooler? If so, i wouldn't recommend overclocking anyway.

right fuzzy logic aint for workin , which is a shame because it looks ideal. the pc turns itself off an reboots when i try to run it. But i have a feeling there might be a BIOS option somewhere? possibly trying to prevent it from being tampered with. If so can ya let me know what it is lol an if not , if there any other programs ? :(

i tried that as well , that dont work. When i go into the PLL control bit to Overclock, all the clocks are blank. Wont let me do anythin :dead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back