No POST, or video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

Ok so Friday I got a new powersupply and a new 1GB stick of PC 3200 RAM.

My specs:
6800 GT
Asus K8V-SE Deluxe
1GB PC3200
500 Watt PSU
AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Ok, so when I replaced my old 400 watt with my new one, and my old 2700 memory with the new stick, this is what happened:

The computer, fans, drvies, lights, and motherboard lights all turn on just fine. However my monitor remains in powersave mode.

I have tried 2 monitors, same thing. I have cleared the CMOS several times, replaced the new PSU with the old one and the new memory with the old stuff. I have tried just running the CPU, HSF, and Graphics card, and I have also replaced the graphics card. None of these things worked, the monitor still won't show POST...or anything for that matter.

I do not have a speaker to connect to the motherboard as my case did not come with one...

Can someone help?
Thanks!

Hey thanks for the reply...

VGA mode? What's that and how do I do it.

Ah...you mean safe mode?

I can't see a thing on the screen anyways.

Look at your power strips and plug out anything you don't need. Then try again and to be certain make sure the monitor is turned off before you hit the power button on the machine. If you need everything you have there try connecting another strip and distribute the plugs.
I'm saying this a lot and it's really still guess-work on my side, because it happened to me and I got rid off it by putting my plugs a different way. I might just have a weak PSU all that time, I never really checked...

If that doesn't help you should try your new PSU at another computer to make sure it works. Can't be too weak or something. The old 400W PSU is probably to weak, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back