No Power to my computer...please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am totally new to the science of computer building and today have tried to put together my first ever computer however having installed all of the components as best as I can see to do I plugged in the power supply and there does not appear to be any power to the computer. The only sign of life is a little red led on the mainboard that says sby led next to it......please help i don't know what to do now and really want my computer to work.... :blackeye:

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Take a look on your mobo near to the cpu. Is there a small four pin connector?

Some cpu`s require a seperate connection from the psu.

Also take a look HERE at the how to build a pc guide it may prove useful.

If you still have problems then post your complete system specs including your psu.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Thanks for your answer to my question. I had a look at the page you suggested and it helped with a few things. Also did manage to figure out why I had no power.... :blush: I had plugged in the LED leads the wrong way around. It was only after taking the box to bits again that I saw the + and - symbols on the mainboard.......Well at least I now have power but not the end of the road yet!!!! :confused: Have a few more issues to look at yet...when I tried to boot it gave me Disk Boot Failure Insert disk.....bla bla bla so looks like I may need to reinstall the O/S....watch this space!!!!

if you cannot turn on the power and the power led on the board is on my guess in the power switch lead to the board is plugged in backwards, it's a little two pin job running from the front of the case. Try reversing it. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back