No Power W2247 and W2646 Emachines

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Emachine W2247 and a W2646. Yesterday I was using the 2247 and went to power up the 2646 and nothing happened.

I checked outlets, power cords, etc. they are all working fine.
Thought I would check the switch so I unhooked the switch for the 2646 and hooked it into the 2247 and worked fine.
So my guess was the power supply was out (thought I had read that Emachines have bad power supplies, but have had no problems with mine for 2 years)
I needed some info off the 2646 hard drive, so I figured I could just hook the HD up to the working 2247 as a slave.
I powered down the 2247, physically added the HD form the 2646, pushed the switch(had put the original switch back in) and nothing.
I get no power to anything, no fans, no lights, no noise.

I removed the HD form the 2646 off of the 2247 and still nothing now on the 2247, I have unhooked power to all components one at a time to see if anything happens and nothing.

Do I now need a new hard drive for the 2646 and 2 new power supplies? is there some thing else I can check? Is the HD for the 2646 shorting out?

any suggestions would help.

Tonight Im going to use a tester to see if the power supply is sending power to the mobo.

Thanks

Did you fix your problem?

I know it has been a long time but did you get your computer fixed? I have the same problem with my friends computer and I could really use your help.

Thanks

help

I too am having trouble with my computer, it is a W2247, and I can't seem to find the problem, I wonder if it's the switch cords, but I'm not sure, I was just given this computer to upgrade from my out-of -date tecjh I'm using now, can you help me out and tell me where these go?
it looks something like this:
. .
. .
. .

. .
. .

. .
. .
. .
. .

I have no clue where they go into these prongs, and i fear that is the problem, maybe you can crack yours open and give me a hand here? the cords are: white-red, white-black, and white-green. I want to figure out this first before I try to get a new power supply.

Emachines w2646

Just purchased new PSU and mobo for my granddaughter's computer. But, before installing same, thought I'd try the old stuff one more time. What intrigues me is that, if HDD is disconnected, computer will run indefinitely. So, I tried booting with a floppy: "No operating system found". Since its spinning, I assume its in boot sequence but, since I can't access "setup", i don't now. Any clues?

Thanx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back