NO SIGNAL in Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...I am having lots of trouble trying to fix this problem. While on my computer, my monitor just randomnly goes blank, and the color of the light changes to an amber like color. I then press one of the buttons on the monitor, and it comes up with a message that says NO SIGNAL, and shows the three colors. I have to shut off my computer, wait a couple of minutes, then turn it back on, and it works fine. This happens maybe two or three times a day, and it's not at any specific time, I could be playing games, on this internet, or just listening to music. And sometimes, the computer will randomnly restart after the monitor says this. I am wondering if anybody has had this problem, and if anybody knows a solution. It is very annoying when I'm in the middle of something.

- Could it be a motherboard problem???
I have an MSI KT-3 Ultra 2 motherboard.

-What about a graphics card problem??

Display: Plug and Play monitor on NVIDIA Geforce 2 MX/MX 400

Somebody please help me...this problem is really getting me frustrated.

Please don't double post. It just clutters up the forums.

Install the drivers for your monitor. You may be running it at a setting it can't handle, like your refresh rate or resolution may be too high.

Also reinstall your video drivers. What Detonators are you using? Most likely it's a video card problem, if your comp is resetting.

And as usual, double check and triple check your connections.

It could also be a PSU problem :haha:

Since it happens over time and your computer restarts, this makes me think of overheating.

If you know, try underclocking your CPU and perhaps place a house fan to the side of your open case. If it still has the same problem, heat is probably not a factor. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back