No Signal on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just replaced my graphics card with a new one of course like an ***** I didn't install the driver first so the monitor is giving me "no signal"; however, the following morning the monitor comes on with no problems. I install the driver and reboot my computer and get no signal again. What went wrong really need help on this ASAP.

what video card and what driver?

Go to control panel -> administrative tools -> Event viewer

Pull up last few warnings get Event ID's and sources -> go to www.eventid.net type in the event ID and source and it sometimes will tell you if its an incompatible driver and what version you need. I needed catalyst 7.6 to be compatible with my monitor on my last computer, I had 7.7 and it would not return from sleep mode.

In most cases I have seen it is almost always a compatibility issue between the drivers and your hardware, not always just your graphics card or chipset.

Thanks for the advice I had to reseat the card until the PC picked it up then updated my drivers working fine now except for my printer but I really need to buy a new one so I'm not really concerned about that.
The card is a EVGA GeForce 7800 GS CO 256MB GDDR3 AGP 4X/8X video card

Did you install drivers for the printer. just look up the manufacturers website and make sure you have the right drivers for it

I don't even think theres an available driver for that printer anymore it's ancient like I said I'm not concerned about it I plan on buying a new one worth worrying about if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back