No Signal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, anyone out there help me. recently bought a new game, well an expansion for a game. Basically i never had any probs when playing the old game, but now i have installed an expansion, when i go 2 play online i can play for a while then screen will suddenly go black, pc is still on but i get message on monitor saying no signal and thats it i cabt do anything! Any help would b greatly appreciated! Thanks

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!

Can you give us your system specs please? Also, check that you have the latest drivers for your video card and chipset.

Regards!

Heres my pc specs

Thanks 4 ur reply
Here is my pc specs, is that all u wanted, not sure how to get more info. How do i check if have latest drivers 4 my video card and chipset. Not that well switched on when it comes to pc's

System Model: 00000000000000000000000
BIOS Version: Award Software International, Inc. 20f

Operating System
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version: 5.1.2600
Service Pack: 2.0
PID: 76477-OEM-0011903-00109
Hot Fix: KB835221WXP

Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 1 GB

Processor
Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.06GHz
Version: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
Speed: 3059 MHz

I'm not all amazingly technical but when a monitor says out of range it usually means the resolution is too high for the monitor, i had many problems with this and a simple monitor changed fixed it, have you got another monitor you could test?

EDIT: Oh yes and of course if you can turn the resolution down in the game, but usually the game sets it for you and you cant do anything because its been set and now out of range... so a different monitor is probably worth testing. Its worth a try as i had the same problem and on several occasions its been the monitor is getting on a bit and cant take the newer resolutions of games..

Helixeagle said:
when a monitor says out of range it usually means the resolution is too high for the monitor

It could be that, or the selected refresh rate is higher than the monitor supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back