No Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, all. I'm getting a bit frustrated with my pc (eMachine, big surprise). It's a T1840 and I started getting a "No Signal" awhile ago but was able to start in safe mode. Now I can't even do that. The cable is okay so I tried to change the video card but now it won't even let me get into safe mode. When I turn it on I get a series of beeps - 1, 3, 3, 1. Everything is plugged in as before. I removed the new video card. I have no idea what to do at this point. I've been reading other threads on this kind of problem but have only gotten more confused. Should I just give up and get a new machine? If you reply, please be easy on the tech-speech - I'm not exactly well versed in it. Thanks!!

Is it still under warranty? If so, send it back or get somone out to fix it. If not, you could try googling for emachine error beep codes.

It's not under warranty - it's 3 years old. I did get it going a bit - I reset the memory and video cards which got rid of the beeps. I tried to start in safe mode but it loaded in regular mode. I thought everything was going to be fine but then the monitor just turned off. I could hear the fans working so I think it was still doing something. When the desktop was on, the only thing I did was exit Weatherbug and then the screen went blank. The one thing I did install previously was a scanner. I'm going to see if it caused a conflict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back