No Sound after xp reinstall added C-MediaAC97 Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system audio worked fine befor the XP reinstall. The XEA CMI Audio Config Icon appeared in Control Panel. Search could not find any C-Media files anywhere. The Icon would not open. I was able to remove it from Add/REmove software . After removal, an error msg appears when boot finishes that cmi.config module is not found, and I still have no sound. What can I do to restore audio?

Its possible that you are using the wrong driver, If you have a Cdrom that came with your computer labled Drivers, System software, then the correct driver will be on that Disk.

Failing that give us your systems specifications and we will get back to you

Download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website + motherboard drivers from motherboard utilities cd.

Regards,

Korrupt

I've had modem and sound conflicts before when reloading OS's. Try removing modem and sound drivers using hardware manager then reloading the sound first, reboot them reload the modem. sometimes you may even see slpats(yellow triangle w/exclamation mark) listed inside hardware manager and sometimes you may not. But reloading seperately has worked for me in the past. twildet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back