No Sound from ECS intergrated audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have just installed an ECS 661FX-M7 motherboard but I am getting no sound from the Realtex AC97 Audio. I have reinstalled the drivers that came with the board but there is still no sound.

Let's assume that your speakers are working (you've tested them with some other source of sound recently), your mixer and output settings for onboard sound are correct (on-board cards have configurable outputs, e.g. 2nd speakers vs. line-in etc.). If all of the above is true, then check the following.
- BIOS configuration for you on-board sound controller.
- motherboard jumpers, which are used to short the pins on audio pin header (which is used to connect to the front case panel audio inputs/outputs). Verify this with your motherboard manual.
Where did you get your sound card drivers from?
What operating system are you using?

I am using windows xp and i got the drivers that came on the installation CD for the motherboard. The jumpers for the front panel audio I/O are not in but are these needed if I plug my speakers in the back?

EDIT: I fixed the problem. You were right, it was the jumpers that were the problem. Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back