No Sound on ECS PT800CE-A MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am unable to get any sound from the PT800CE-A V1.0 MB with Audio
Realtek ALC655 6-Channel audio CODEC & Compliant with AC'97 2.3 specification.

The speakers I am using for testing work just fine on my Dell. I have only installed the updated drivers from the ecs site. I have the following driver: RealTek Codec Sound on board driver - Version A3.68 (5770) - Release Date 2004/12/22 installed. I have updated my BIOS on my board as well. I have verified that the audio BIOS setting is on. I do not have any system sounds coming through my speakers. My volume control is fine. The speakers are connected correctly. Under XP SP2, I have my sound device turned on & it is the default device. I do not have any conflicts in the Device Manager. Any suggestions?

Here is the response that I received from ECS Tech Support:

Hello,

You need to make sure WINDOWS was installed fresh on a reformatted hardrive using the PT800CE-A in order to eliminate driver conflict, onboard sound was enabled in the BIOS, pins 5-6 and 9-10 on AUDIO1 header are shorted, the driver was installed correctly, no PCI card installed in the PCI slot that can cause resource conflict and powered or amplified speakers are being used. If the problem persist after doing the suggestions, this can be an isolated board related issue.

Since You have emailed ECSUSA Technical Support Department, we are here to help you with any technical problems; however, it is your responsibility to contact your vendor if you are looking for repair or RMA service or you can check ECS RMA policy from our website at www.ecsusa.com or call at: 510-226-7333 option 5.

ECSUSA Tech Support

So, I jumpered pins 5-6 and 9-10 on AUDIO1, but that was all I had time to do last night as I was working on another pc. I will post my updates.

If you have any other ideas, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jill

Bios has a off and auto, so only choice is auto.
pins 5-6 and 9-10 are shorted
driver is installed and in device manager says it is up to date.
The drive is old, a test drive, but I find it difficult to believe that a fresh install of windows XP would have driver conflicts, maybe so, I have no other choice then to get the new hard drive and see!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back