NO Sound ON VISTA BETA 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

akaivan

I need your help again...I cant here a single thing on vista...(works on xp). I dont have the software drivers, its an used soundcard. But i also have sound onboard but only 1 speaker works when i use it...SO do i have to disable that or sumthing and get new drivers??! Please help im new with vista...= } Th@nk$4l00k1n

If you know who makes your sound card, you can go to the maker's website and download the drivers.

Keep in mind that vista is only a beta version, and it should be expected that there are still a lot of unsupported devices out there.

Anyone installing it should really be doing it as a second OS (dual boot OS system) to be safe at this point.

DonNagual said:
If you know who makes your sound card, you can go to the maker's website and download the drivers.

Keep in mind that vista is only a beta version, and it should be expected that there are still a lot of unsupported devices out there.

Anyone installing it should really be doing it as a second OS (dual boot OS system) to be safe at this point.

Nope i dont know anythin bout it....And software that can tell you?

Just curious, why are you using Vista beta in the first place? One of the purposes of a beta program is to discover the inevitable bugs, conflicts and other problems. Beta testers are guinea pigs. The testers report to the software makers these problems and the makers try to fix them before the final retail version is released to the public. Therefore a beta version is not necessarily stable. Also, because the software is not yet finished and released to the public, hardware and other software companies have not had a chance to make all their products and drivers Vista compatible so some of your existing hardware and software might not work in Vista. If you are using Vista beta as your sole operating system, that would be a grave mistake.

No offense intended but since you don't even know who makes some of your hardware, are you sure you want to be using Vista beta?

Hmm oK, I got the sound working but on 1 speaker...And mailpup, Why would it matter to you? Im just asking for help.

im shure mailpup didnt mean amything bad saying that, he just thinks you should learn the hardware in your computer a little more before using beta software

thats all

swker98 said:
im shure mailpup didnt mean amything bad saying that, he just thinks you should learn the hardware in your computer a little more before using beta software

thats all

i know, i know... its just a simple question and i dont have time to answer Something of his that has to do with mine.

And mailpup, Why would it matter to you? Im just asking for help.
In truth, you're right. It really doesn't matter. It was more or less what swker98 said. I was trying to help in a way you didn't ask for. I didn't mean to offend you. My mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back