No sound through speakers only headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave: Hi all, I am at my wits end trying to figure out why my speakers suddenly stopped working! I do still have sound when I use my headphones though. I did download Everest and ran it, but thats about it, I don't know what to do from there. If you can tell me what I need to post to help figure out what I need to do, I would greatly appreciate it!

THANKS!!

Ok, I have checked all my connections...all were fine. The fuse in my sub is fine, everything I have checked says it is working properly and I still have no sound, well I have a tiny amount of sound coming from my 2 front speakers. I plugged my headphones into the back and sound is working through them. Any suggestions?

Most computer speakers are fragile and easily damaged by over-driving them to high volumes.
First, try another set of speakers to assure that the problem is not in the speakers. If the problem is the same, download the latest audio drivers from the website, then disable or remove the old ones.
If you get decent sound trying alternate speakers, well speakers are as inexpensive as $10 to $25 a pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back