No Sound with only one account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a P4 1.7 computer with a GeForce 2 MX/MX 400 video card. ( Audio Driver Creative PCI ES1371,1373). I reinstalled my real version of XP Pro due to some not (?) sound related hangups and space problems on that the D: drive which was a cleanly formatted install. The C: drive reinstallation ( not clean) has worked fine with all the previous programs reinstalled however I get no sound, neither "Windows " generated nor media played in the main account but have no problems in any of the other accounts on this same system. Device manager reveals no conflicts anywhere let alone in Sound and video controller settings. The programs reinstalled are I believe all the same that were there before and caused no such problems.Is there some way of isolating this problem or migrating the other account settings to the main "me" account who is the administrator (loosely applied term in my case!)?
Many thanks im adsvance as MS KB has nothing I can find or understand to help me.

Regards,
Jimo

If only one account cannot hear the sound, log on as another user with administrative rights, and then delete the profile of the effected account.

Right click "My Computer" and select properties for the user accounts tab.

Thanks

I suppose in the end it was pretty obvious but not so for me at the time. Thanks very much for your fix. All great now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back