No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

almac46

I got my hard drive back today after some serious re-formatting and missing file re-installation. I installed the various drivers but discovered that there are no system or audio player sounds. I checked all connections and devices and found 'Realtek AC97 Audio' selected as the only Audio/sound device. I'm pretty certain that 'MAXsound' was but one of my original devices. Anyhoo, I 'm stumped at present and will contact the people that carried out the repairs tomorrow, however it would be great if the problem could be resolved by the forum.
I run WinXP HE SP2 with a Maxtor 6Y160P0 ? HDD and a INTEL(R) PENTIUM(R)4 CPU @ 2.80GHz. Any advise will be more than welcome. Thanks in advance

regards
almac46

Your original sound advice would have been sound Max which is the Realtec AC97 soundcard.
You need to go to the website for the manufacturer of your PC/motherboard to get the correct sound driver.

I've got my sound back! I went to DELL and downloaded an audio driver and all seems to be well. Thanks Rik, I'm a 60 yo and I've learned a lot from this forum.
Kind regards to all
almac46

I'm glad to hear that you got it working.:)

If you should have any more problems don't hesitate to post them, we are here to help.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back