No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
my computer shows that i do have sound in my computer i have al the nessecary drivers and all that stuff but when i turn my speakers on it doesnt work yes its all pluged in any1 know what i can do to fix this its very annoying i have even tried to put headphones into my comp and still nothing help pleease

Have you checked the volume in control panel and adjust it?
Or have you either plug in the jack to correct slot?
try plugging in to different slot and see what happen.

Btw is the plug in front of the computer or behind, also whether your computer is new or...?

my comp is fairly new i got it i think 2 years ago not even and its plugged in the back its worked this whole time till now ive tried pluging it different slots even in the front but nothing any thing else to just ask

Are you using onboard sound, or is it a separate sound card?

Check in your device manager for any yellow question or exclamation marks next to your sound devices.

If that all checks out ok, there`s a chance your sound card has failed.

Regards Howard :)

um how do i unfail it? all system is good no yellow ? marks i had that ages ago and fixed it but now this is totally new to me

If the soundcard has failed, you can`t fix it. You didn`t say whether you were using onboard or a separate sound card.

If it`s onboard sound and it`s failed, then you`ll need to purchase a pci soundcard.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back